BUYING MOTHER OF PEARL TILES DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER
Top 5 Reasons to buy from us:
- Quality. Quality. Quality. Please see our mother pearl tile features and manufacturing facility to understand why we have the best quality in the market for mother of pearl tile. Home Elements has more than 20 years glass tiles, porcelain tiles and mother of pearl tile manufacturing and market experiences in North America and Euro.
- Utilized by mainstream designers and architects, please see our project scenes to share the pearl tile design ideas.
- Free Tile Samples. Only pay for shipping & handling cost which is $6.99 for the first sample, $0.99 for each additional. The cost will be fully refunded when a full size order is placed.
- 30-50% Less than the price of comparable products, including local home improvement stores like Home Depot & Lowe's.
- 110% Lowest Price Guarantee. If you find the same quality product somewhere else, we will beat that price by 10% (excluding special promotion items on other ).
Mother of Pearl Tile Features
- Collection: Light Weight Mother of Pearl Tile
- Material: Seashell
- Color: Natural White, majority chips are white, with small percentage of natural yellow and minimun natural grey; overall is white
- Surface Finish: Glossy, easy for cleaning
- Shape: Subway
- Size: 11.8 x 11.8 In.300*300mm
- Chip Size: 3/8 x 4/5 In.10*20mm
- Thickness: 2mm
- Detailed Description: Each sheet of this tile is approximately 1 sq ft per sheet and is mesh mounted on high quality fiber glass for easy installation of your mosaic tile projects.
- Application: Mother of Pearl mosaic tiles are impervious to the elements, thus it is great for both interior and exterior use so moisture is not an issue. Mother of Pearl mosaic tiles are great on floors and walls and have been most popular in bathrooms, spas, kitchen backsplash, wall facades and pools as well as a variety of other applications.
- Characteristics: The mother of pearl mosaic tile has a zero water absorption rate, and this tile exceeds ANSI standards for water absorption for mosaic tile. It is strong, durable, contamination free, and only the best quality tiles are selected as our tiles are inspected for blemishes before shipment.
- Brand Name: Home Elements
- Manufacturer: Home Elements,Inc. This manufacturer has the biggest selections of glass mosaic tiles.
- Disclaimer: Mother of pearl tile, also called shell tile or shell mosaic tile, is 100% natural and green products made of natural shell, polished and processed by hands. The color variation and occasionally small size variation naturally exist from chip to chip, from sheet to sheet, from job to job. However, the overall sizes are consistent and will NOT have any negative impact on installation; on the contrary, some small variations on sizes reflect the nature of the products thus making your wall or floor tiling project a more natural one. Also, the color variation caused by different computer screen or browser exists from different pc screens. Therefore, the possible color/size variations between the mother of pearl tile sample and actual shipment or the product color shown on the screen and actual shipment should not be considered as quality issues.
Mother of Pearl Tile Illustrations
- Selected best quality Pearl Shell with the best polishing techniques.
- Smooth surface, natural color with the beautiful iridescence.
- High quality mesh.
Mother of Pearl Tile Enlarged Photos
See the great details in the mother of pearl tile from different angels
Mother of Pearl Tile Project Scenes
Pearl tiles are utilized widely by mainstream designers and architects as bathroom wall and floor tiles, kitchen backsplash wall tiles, hotel lobbies and reception areas wall and floor tiles, corporate office reception areas wall tiles. The natural iridescence adds the taste and richness to the design formula.
Please visit the project gallery to view the project design ideas using the pearl mosaic tiles.
Mother of Pearl Tile Installation Guide
1. Mix the powered thin-set mortar with latex additive in bucket, that can easily be found in most home improvement stores such as Home Depot or Lowes.
2. Before laying the mosaic tiles, a thin layer of cement mortar should be pasted to the cover surface. Then, fill the joints between each small mosaic tile on the net with white mortar paste, press the mosaic sheet toward the wall in accordance with the direction of the arrow on the setting paper.
3. Press the mosaic sheet toward the wall surface to make it even and attach it to the surface.
4. Level up the surface of the mosaic tiles towards the wall. Fill up the joints evenly with white grout.
5. Clean up the remaining grout and adhesive on surface with a soft cloth and tissue after about 1 hour dry.
6. The installed glass mosaic tiles will dry in about 24 hours.
These above installation methods are suggested and based on our own technical experiences. It is for your reference only. No warranty is implied. For best results, please hire a professional tile installer experienced in the application of glass mosaic tiles, porcelain mosaic tiles, or mother of pearl tiles.
Also, you can refer to an official glass tile installation instruction from the CTIOA (Ceramic Tile Institute of America). The following link provides you with CTIOA PORT 2002-4-25*
FAQ for Glass Mosaic Tile / Mother of Pearl Tile Installation
Q: Do I need to a sealer on the glass tile or grout?
A: Glass mosaics themselves do not absorb any water, thus will not absorb any dirt, germ, and spilled beverages. Thus there is no need for a sealer for the glass tiles.
However, grout is very porous and is prone to staining if not sealed. It is not required but it is highly recommended to use a sealer to make the maintenance and cleaning with ease because sealer helps to prevent stains and dirt from penetrating into the grout. A sealer also helps to prevent mold and mildew growth. Sealer should be used after the grout is cured, approximately 2-3 days after grouting.
Q: Will glass tiles are safe on backsplash behind stove...as the Viking generates a lot of heat?
A: Yes, glass tiles are safe to install on backsplashes behind stoves. Stoves are designed for installation in kitchens with just drywall behind them so they won’t generate enough heat to damage the wall, with or without glass tile.
FAQ for maintenance
Q. How should I clean my glass tile?
A: Glass mosaics do not absorb any water, thus will not absorb any dirt, germ, and spilled beverages. Thus, the material requires minimum effort to clean. It only takes a towel or tissue to wipe them off with clean water. Do NOT use any chemical or spray for glass mosaics with glossy surfaces, the chemical may distort the glossy surfaces and fade the reflective beauty away over time.
No additional care is needed except to use clean water with a soft towel to wipe off the dirt, if any. Easy, convenient, and practical are all part of our glass mosaic tile products. The only concern is the grout, to remove stubborn stains stay in the grout, use a commercial nonabrasive cleaner like window cleaner or a solution of soap less detergent.
The surface should be scrubbed, rinsed thoroughly with clean water and dried. If using a sealer, the grout cleaning should be as easy as that of glass tile.
World-class Mother of Pearl Tile Manufacturing Facility
ISO9001 and ISO14001 Certifications
Our large-scale, modern manufacturing facilities with ISO9001 (International Standard Organization quality certification) and ISO14001 ((International Standard Organization environmental certification) certifications are the foundation for high quality glass mosaic tiles, porcelain mosaic tiles and mother of pearl tiles.
With more than 300,000 sq ft manufacturing facilities, Home Elements manufactures glass tiles, porcelain mosaic tile, and mother of pearl tiles products for the biggest brands of the world.
Strictly selected raw materials
Well-organized production floor
Precision glass cutting machinery
Strictly quality control process
Natural gas kiln (the most environmental-friendly kiln)
Technologically advanced kiln
Equipment with the most advanced technology
Disclaimer: Mother of pearl tile, also called shell tile or shell mosaic tile, is 100% natural and green products made of natural shell, polished and processed by hands. The color variation and occasionally small size variation naturally exist from chip to chip, from sheet to sheet, from job to job. However, the overall sizes are consistent and will NOT have any negative impact on installation; on the contrary, some small variations on sizes reflect the nature of the products thus making your wall or floor tiling project a more natural one. Also, the color variation caused by different computer screen or browser exists from different pc screens. Therefore, the possible color/size variations between the mother of pearl tile sample and actual shipment or the product color shown on the screen and actual shipment should not be considered as quality issues.